What Is A Lyme Literate Practitioner?
Lyme literate practitioner are trained from International Lyme Disease Association. Practitioners are trained by some of the leading experts in the field of Lyme disease. Practitioners at our functional medicine clinic near Milwaukee gain their knowledge of the disease through training with Dr. Horowitz and Dr. Cameron. Our practitioners have been treating Lyme disease for over 15 years. The Lyme Literate practitioners are not all MD’s they can be Nurse Practitioners, Naturopaths, and Herbalists to name just a few who help patients cope with Lyme disease.
Five things that stand out about a Lyme literate practitioner
If patients are looking for a Lyme literate practitioner, they should talk to the provider and the staff to determine whether the medical professional meets the following criteria.
- Experience in treating Lyme disease. Provider experience with Lyme disease helps patients because these medical providers recognize the many ways that Lyme disease presents itself. Our expert practitioners treat thousands of cases of Lyme disease a year.
- Knowledge and training. Most people in the traditional medical community don’t have extensive knowledge of Lyme disease. At our functional medicine clinic near Milwaukee, our Lyme literate practitioners specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease. Constantly striving to learn more about the latest research from ILADS and treatment innovations helps our clinic to provide patients with the most up-to-date care.
Our medical professionals trained with nationally recognized Lyme disease experts. Debra Muth ND trained with Richard I. Horowitz MD, a medical doctor renowned for his expertise. Greg Brown MD trained with Daniel Cameron MD, another nationally known leader in the field of Lyme disease.
- Awareness of chronic Lyme disease and other infections. A Lyme literate practitioner recognizes that chronic Lyme disease is a real condition that is difficult to treat and diagnose. These experts also understand how viral, parasitic and fungal infections can adversely affect patients with Lyme disease.
- A comprehensive, innovative approach to diagnosis. Our experienced providers and staff don’t rely on one or two tests to diagnose Lyme disease. A Lyme literate practitioner realizes that the best way to obtain an accurate diagnosis is through a variety of methods and tests.
- A full-spectrum approach to treatment, based on research. Conventional medicine believes in treating Lyme disease with antibiotics alone, but our experience at our functional medicine clinic near Milwaukee tells us that this approach is only effective for patients who are in the early stages of the disease, and it may not be effective for all of these patients. At an appointment with a Lyme literate practitioner like ours, a patient benefits from a multi-functional approach that addresses the patient’s immune system, treats coinfections and health problems, and provides alternative therapies and supplements to help patients improve.
Our Lyme literate practitioners are highly trained and skilled experts
Debra Muth, ND and Greg Brown, MD and their team are here to help patients with Lyme disease, even those who have suffered for years without a proper diagnosis. Our Lyme experts and staff diagnose and treat even the most difficult cases of Lyme disease.