Last Updated: January 2, 2021
The use of any information collected by third parties is subject to the privacy policies thereof. LymeDocs recommends that you review those specific policies.
This policy covers the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected
- How information is used
- Shared information
- Stored information
- Privacy rights
- Updates to this Policy
- Contact Us
1. Information Collection
LymeDocs collects personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when purchasing products or services, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, and/or when participating in activities using the Website (such as posting comments/testimonials on our Website or using any contact forms on our Website.)
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Information automatically collected
LymeDocs automatically collects certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website, which includes access on mobile devices. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Software and/or Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, improve functionality, work more efficiently, improve your experience as well as to provide reporting information like advertising, interactive content and analytics.
2. Use of information
LymeDocs uses personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
LymeDocs uses the information we collect or receive for:
- Delivering services to the user. Personal information may be used to provide you with the requested service.
- Enabling user-to-user communications. Personal information may be used to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- Managing user accounts. Personal information may be used to manage our account and keeping it in working order.
- Responding to user inquiries/offer support to users. Personal information may be to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Software and/or Website.
- Marketing and promotional communications. Personal information may be used for marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “Privacy Rights” below).
- Sharing Administrative information. Personal information may be used to send you content, product, service and new feature information.
- Targeted advertising. Personal information may be used to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Requesting Feedback. Personal information may be used to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
- Protecting our Software and/or Website. Personal information may be used as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- Responding to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Other business purposes. Personal information may be used for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. Shared Information
LymeDocs may process or share your personal information based on the following:
- Consent: if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract:to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
LymeDocs may need to process your data or share your personal information with respect to the following:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers: in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners: to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
Other Users: When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Website) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Website, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Website in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our Website and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Website, and view your profile.
4. Stored information
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. Privacy Rights
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact LymeDocs using the contact information provided below. At any time, you may contact LymeDocs via the email address below to:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. Note: if you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Software and/or Website.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Access your account settings and update preferences.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
6. Updates to this Policy
7. Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org