Lyme Disease Treatment
Lyme Disease Treatment
After thorough symptom and history analysis along with testing, our doctors will craft a customized treatment plan to address these critical healing pillars:
- Prepping the body to receive treatment by restoring detoxification pathways to handle “die off” or “herx reactions”, preventing the creation of a more toxic environment.
- Improving cellular health to strengthen the body’s own ability to heal – the healthier the body’s terrain, the harder it is for infections to survive.
- Combating biofilm to enable efficacy of antimicrobials (herbs or antibiotics) and shorten treatment duration.
- Controlling auto-immunity and inflammation that is activated in chronic infections.
- Balancing the endocrine system (thyroid and adrenal hormone function) which can be severely impacted by long-term infections.
In addition to antimicrobials (herbal, oral, intramuscular or intravenous antibiotics) used to kill off spirochete bacteria or co-infections, you’ll begin your custom protocol with one of more of these treatments:
Peptide Therapy: We’re among the first clinics to offer these innovative hormone-like signaling molecules that influence specific functions: thymus gland and immune health function, neurologic and brain tissue healing, infection-damaged cartilage regrowth, and so much more.
LDN Therapy: LDN increases the release of Opioid Growth Factor and reduces inflammatory immune cell signaling of your body-wide “look out cells”.
Ozone therapy: This mild prooxidant challenge increases production of glutathione peroxidase, reductase, super oxide dismutase, and catalase, cleansing the blood of bacteria and viruses, balancing immune function, and reducing inflammation.
PEMF therapy: Our high-powered, clinically validated PEMF machine sends magnetic pulses through the tissue to: stimulate cellular repair, open cell membrane passages, allow cells to take up nutrients, improve excretion and waste detoxification, improve circulation (enabling antimicrobial delivery to less accessible sites like joints), disrupt biofilm, reduce inflammation, balance neurotransmitters, speed the healing process, and generally improve cellular health.
Low Dose Immunotherapy: This therapy improves immune tolerance to chronic infections and balances the cytokine storm that causes severe symptoms in chronic tickborne infections (or in true cases of Post Lyme Disease Syndrome).
IV Therapy: This treatment improves fatigue, immune function, and detoxification via common IV drips like: Meyer’s Cocktail, Phosphatidyl Choline, Glutathione, Poly MVA, Anti-Viral cocktail, Vitamin C, and Magnesium.
Homeopathy: Ledum palustre, Aurum arsenicum, and Lyme Nosodes correct root imbalances by mimicking the disease state and stimulating the body to heal itself.
Botanical and Nutritional Therapy: Our doctors are trained in Beyond Balance, Buhner Herbs, and Cowden protocols – highly targeted antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification therapies.
Acupuncture: Naturopath Dr. Johanna Mauss also practices acupuncture, which provides almost immediate pain and stress relief naturally.